SUGUD ISLANDS MARINE RESEARCH CENTRE (SIMRC)
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- To provide space for researchers / students to conduct laboratory works on-site
- Equipped with simple and basic lab apparatus, which include light and dissecting microscope sets, lab glassware, etc.
- For the use of teaching, workshop, training, meeting, seminar, etc.
- Can accommodate approximately 30-40 people
- Equipped with LCD projector, whiteboards, podium, book shelves, chairs and banquet tables
IV. Diving / Snorkelling
- Known as SIMRC quarters
- To accommodate students, teachers, researchers, government officials
- Can accommodate up to 30 people
- Complete with shared bathrooms, toilets, dining area
- Especially for learning / research purposes
- Snorkelling / diving equipments (rental services provided by Lankayan Island Dive Resort), boat (with captain) rental services
SIMRC facilities and services are available for:
- School and university student groups who conduct educational fieldworks
- Marine scientist, including postgraduate students from local and international institutions
- Environmental and conservation based NGOs that may use the centre for training and educational purposes
- Government agencies for educational workshops and programme
Fees are collected from those utilising SIMRC to cover the operational costs of the research centre.